Pages

Wednesday, March 5, 2008

By Philip's Own Design

Perhaps it is a sign that winter is coming to an end, perhaps it is just being in the right place at the right time. On Tuesday, February 26, I was browsing in the Chelsea Salvation Army store. And I saw a guy browsing with this cool tattoo on the bottom section of his forearm:



He was in a bit of a rush, so I snapped a photo and he said he would e-mail me the information that I normally ask about tattoos later on. I did learn this, his name was Phil Dusel, he was an artist, and I could check out his website here.

Later in the week, he did write back, and this is what he had to say about the piece:

He "got the tattoo done at Read Street Tattoo Parlour in Baltimore, unfortunately I couldn't find the name of the artist".

Phil explained the design in greater detail: "the design is of two fish swimming in a circle, the heart shapes came naturally out of the drawing, and I decided to accent them in red...I guess it says something about love, but ... the meaning ... had more subconscious origins."

Here's a look at it inverted, from a different perspective:


He continued, "It was my 3rd inking, I have 5 tattoos" in all.

Here's one piece of art from Philip Dusel:


Thanks to Phil for contributing to best-tatto-design and following up with e-mail. I truly appreciate it.

0 comments:

Post a Comment