Pages

Saturday, April 4, 2009

The Tattooed Poets Project: Tess. Lotta's Tree Has Her Back

Today's tattoo comes to us from Tess. Lotta, a poet and editor of Media Cake eMagazine. She was referred to me by Rick Lupert over at the Poetry Super Highway:


Ms. Lotta had this piece tattooed "around 1998-99". She noted that, "it took awhile, as it was painful along the spine".

She continues explaining the piece:

"...Most of my work, including this back piece, is done by my dear friend Owen Connell. His shop, Parlor F, is located in Seattle ... At the same time I was coming through some heavy shit in my life, our neighbor was chopping down a very healthy, fabulous oak tree. She left it a stump. By the next spring, the stump had sprouted fresh twigs, each waving tiny, green flags at the ends as if to say 'I’m here.' It was a deep lesson for me. I’m lucky to have two trees in my life now: a skittish but big-hearted lemon tree (it was mutilated by an untrained tree trimmer) and a scrappy peach tree that is cranky as hell."
Thanks to Tess. for sharing her tattoo with us here on best-tatto-design!

Be sure to head over to BillyBlog and read one of her poems!

0 comments:

Post a Comment