Pages

Friday, August 7, 2009

Maori armband tattoo drawing

Hi there,

I few weeks ago I mentioned a Maori / Kirituhi armband tattoo, but forgot to show you the finished result.

maori armband tattoo design










At the moment I'm working on medium size shoulder tattoo piece, which I had to adjust a few times before it was ready to be finalized.

I really like to use the white fern shapes and curles. The "negative space" is formed by the maori fills and triangles. In this design my customer wanted a simple fill with lines and some arrowheads on the lower side of the tattoo. First I used a complete row of overlapping arrows or spearheads, but that was a bit too much. In the final drawing you will see that I only used half this row, to give it a bit more spirit.

Here are the first three pencil sketches of this design:

shoulder tattoo arrows and spearheads sketcharrowhead tatoo design maorispearhead tattoo sketch tattoos












I will show you the finished result tomorrow, so please check back for more tattoo sketches, designs and other tat2 pictures in maori or tribal style on best-tatto-design.com or this blog.

In the week ahead I'm working on a tattoo design, based on the shoulder tattoo design of Sonny Bill Williams, the rugby player. The customer wants a similar design, so I have to use pictures of Sonny Williams as a reference, and will not copy the actual design of course.

Kind regards, Mark Storm

0 comments:

Post a Comment