Pages

Tuesday, February 1, 2011

woot woot

So yesterday I was able to get a walk-in... small dragonfly on the shoulder. This woman picked this off the wall, but she let me improve on it.

It was fun to experiment with using grey lines for the wings to make them more transparent. I wish she would have let me put a drop shadow on it... it would have really made it pop.









So Keone came in last night to start his owl! This is my biggest piece so far...



This was the most fun I have ever had tattooing... Keone was nice enough to let me tattoo him again... for his second tattoo. It was nice to experiment with all different types of needles for this one, lining in grey and really figuring out a game plan for how I was this to come out. Bill sat with me the entire time and helped me along. After we finished the linework Keone had to go home so next Wednesday hes going to come back to start shading the background.

This is the sketch I did for him, so you can get an idea of how I want it to look when it's all finished. All black and grey. So excited about this tattoo! More to come when the linework heals.

Here's another view of the linework. Half the stencil was still on there so its a bit hard to see, especially in the face.

I'll post more of my thoughts on this tomorrow, I just wanted to get this uploaded so everyone can see.

ALOHA

0 comments:

Post a Comment