Pages

Thursday, July 21, 2011

Chris and His Empirical Pin-up

Well, little did I know, but yesterday, when I posted some of Fernando's tattoos, the R2-D2 and Megatron pieces in particular, it was coinciding with the opening of Comic-Con 2011 in San Diego.

Since I am not traveling to the big convention to inkspot (maybe some day, when I have the wherewithal), let's continue the Comic-Con theme over the next few days with some material I have encountered over the past few days.

Cue Chris, who I met at the end of June on Seventh Avenue and 32nd Street, and offered up this killer tattoo:


Chris credited this tattoo to Mike Ski, an artist who works in Philadelphia.

According to Chris, Mike is well known for his Old School style of tattooing, which includes that classic pin-up girl look.

Chris said that the tattoo was also influenced by the work of Alphonse Mucha from the late 1800's. This, Chris told me, is "an Old School take on that. We just thought it's be fun to do and," he added, "I've always loved Star Wars."

For those of you not in the know, this pin-up is sporting the garb of the Imperial Stormtroopers.


And, just so to sate our taste for the Empire, the inner part of Chris' arm has a portrait of Darth Vader:


Thanks to Chris for sharing his love of Star Wars with us here on best-tatto-design!


This entry is ©2011 best-tatto-design.

If you are reading this on another web site other than best-tatto-design, without attribution, please note that it has been copied without the author's permission and is in violation of copyright laws. Please feel free to visit http://best-tatto-design.blogspot.com and read our original content. Please let me know if you saw this elsewhere so I contact the webmaster of the offending site and advise them of this violation in their Terms of Use Agreement.

0 comments:

Post a Comment