Pages

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Story behind tattoo



You want to know the story behind this tattoo?
Carleah’s Tim Burton Cats Tattoo, she said :

Besides my fear of needles, I always wanted tattoos but I could never decide what to get. I kept putting it off. Being a cat lover, they obviously had to be cats, but I didn’t want anything cutesy. I have always been a Tim Burton fan and finally at the age of 24 I decided to get the cat in the opening credits of his short film Vincent. I had finally decided… and then I had a stroke.

After the stroke I underwent a multitude of procedures including surgery to close a hole in my heart. For two years I had to be on blood thinners and could therefore not get tattooed.

When I was finally taken off the blood thinners my plans were back in motion. My fear of needles had been abolished by the legions of needles I’d had by the end of the whole experience.

I took stills from the movie and traced the cat twice to be positioned symmetrically on my lower back. I had the tattoos done almost right away. It obviously didn’t start out this way, but for me the tattoo signifies the welcomed end of a negative life experience.

- Carleah

Tattoo Artist: Jeff
Tattoo Studio: Anchor’s Tattoo Studio

Wanna submit your story ? Please visit tattooconfidential.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment