Pages

Friday, October 29, 2010

It's been a few days

So it's been a few days since I've been able to tattoo anything on anyone... business slowed down this week for some reason.  I did, however have a great weekend! I got to scuba dive for the first time in my life with Anna which was amazing... I have video and pics but haven't loaded them onto my computer yet. I'll post them tmrw or the next day.

So today I had the rare opportunity of tattooing Mike Brown, an artist here who has been tattooing for well over 30 years. He let me redo two roses on his ankle that he did in the 70s sometime, along with a Mike Malone kanji below it that was old and faded. This was an epic opportunity!

Here is a pic of the old tattoo....
The upper rose was Mike's very first tattoo, which we left alone. The two below it and the kanji were my project for the day.
He and I drew in some guidelines to work from since the inner part of the roses were practically faded away...

Fresh new outline... He helped me along the entire time for this.

Finished! Took me about an hour and half bc i'm super slow, but I'm happy with how it turned out and am very excited to have tattooed Mike, which definitely was a once in a lifetime opportunity!

I'm throwing in some fun pics as well....

So excited!!! A HUGE EPIC thank you to Mike Brown!!!! Definitely a day I will never forget!




Until next time.... ALOHA!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment