Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Tattoo band wrapping around lower leg

Hi!

Another new tattoo project this week, a custom design for the lower leg.
My customer asked me if I could draw a band fully wrapping around his leg, just above the ankle, 15 cm in height.

When I receive the measurements, the first thing I do is making a template in Google Sketchup.
I need to get the right curvature of the design, so I creat two circles with the right circumference and make a cone shape in 3d. Then I unwrap it with the "unfold" plugin into a 2d surface.

sketchup tattoo design lower legankle tattoo template sketchup









The final template looks like this:

tattoo tribal template sketch design










Finally I print it at the right size and start drawing.

The customer wanted a design inspired on another lower leg tattoo I did some time ago.

With pencil I made this first sketch with some koru curves and triangular tribal shapes.
The design was immediately approved by my client, so I could trace it, scan it and finalize it in Photoshop.


ankle band tattoo lower legleg tattoo band wrapping around











Any questions?

Just let me know!

Kind regards, Mark Storm

0 comments:

Post a Comment