Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

more tattoos!

So here are a few things that I've worked on since my last post:

FIRST, a local guy who is friends with everyone at the shop came in and let me do my largest tattoo yet with black and grey. This was my second attempt at grey wash, and was left alone the entire time.

This tiki took me about 3.5-4 hours and really took my time. I'm certainly no expert at this, but I have to say that it was exciting to draw up the design for the client AND tattoo the entire thing by myself. Anna was with me for questions and stuff, but for the most part I was left alone. I stuck with mostly mid tones so that it would heal light, and then once it is healed I can go in again and smooth out what I didn't do right. It's better to stay light then go too dark right away.... expecially if you're inexperienced like myself.



Thanks to Dustin for letting me try out this tiki on him. He was super nice and definitely a team player!


 This one was done on military guy who comes in regularly to get tattooed by just about everyone at the shop. He's super nice and wanted his nickname "Jukebox" on his back.
So here we go. Simple and black. He loved it drawn up this way so we left it.

This one came in last night.... The kids entire family came in and everyone got tattooed! This was on the son who was recently married and was here on military business with his new wife. Anna outlined this one for me since it has to be super perfect, then I filled it in.

After I tattooed the son, I tattooed the Mom too! She was super sweet and was really happy with her new tattoo. This was on her wrist and I did the whole thing myself.

I also forgot to post pics of Noah's last session with me.... we have been taking a few weeks off so he can enjoy the beach, so here's the photo....

We worked on this swirl for about 2 hours and then he went home.... this was after a long day of hiking too! It's almost healed up and then we will take some pictures. It's awesome that I can use him as a "guinea pig" to see how my tattoos are healing and get feedback from him on what I am doing differently and what feels better, etc.

Off to print out pictures for my NEW portfolio today! My first tattoo portfolio that is.

ALOHA!!!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment